As an indispensable part of modern logistics, packaging boxes bear the important responsibility of packaging and protecting products. The physical performance indicators of packaging boxes become the basis for its quality evaluation.
At present, the tests for packaging cartons include basic tests such as edge pressure, burst resistance, flat pressure, puncture, adhesive peeling, moisture, and compression resistance. The extended tests include water absorption, stiffness, moisture resistance, printing abrasion resistance, A series of tests such as vertical pressure.
1. Significance of edge compression strength test: it directly affects the supporting strength of corrugated boxes-corrugated boxes bear gravity mainly by flutes, and edge compression is the best way to assess flute strength;
The main factors that affect the edge compression strength of corrugated cardboard: the production process of corrugated cardboard, the structure of corrugated cardboard, the corrugated shape of corrugated cardboard, and the influence of corrugated adhesive.
The definition of edge compression strength: in the corrugated direction, the corrugated cardboard with a certain height (25mm) can withstand the vertical uniform increase (12.5mm/min) force per unit length (100mm), which is called the edge compression strength of corrugated cardboard ；
2. The significance of the burst strength test: Affect the side support strength of corrugated boxes-corrugated box protective products. Burst resistance is the maximum pressure value that can withstand a uniform increase in the unit area of the board. This test is to examine the ability of the carton to withstand static partial compression in the actual transportation environment;
Definition of Bursting Strength: The maximum uniformly increased pressure per unit area of corrugated board is the value of the bursting strength of corrugated board.
3. The significance of the puncture strength test: assess the energy that the cardboard can withstand against sudden external shocks;
The definition of piercing strength: the work done by a certain shape of a pyramid passing through the corrugated board, and the energy displayed is called the piercing strength of the corrugated board.
4. The significance of the adhesive strength test: insufficient adhesive strength can easily cause delamination, which greatly reduces the compressive strength of the carton;
The definition of adhesive strength: the degree of adhesion of corrugated cardboard’s surface, lining, core paper and corrugated corrugated paper, and the maximum peel force that can withstand the separation test within a certain unit length.
5. The significance of the thickness test: If the corrugated height loss is too large during the processing of the cardboard, such as die-cutting, that is, indentation, slotting or printing, it will greatly reduce the compressive strength of the cardboard box, so the thickness of the corrugated cardboard will be maintained. It should be an important part of the production process;
Definition of thickness test: The height of corrugated cardboard under a certain pressure is called thickness.
6. The significance of the compressive strength of corrugated boxes: assess the maximum pressure that the cartons can withstand, the product protection strength of the carton packaging design, and check whether the cartons can withstand the stacking weight;
The definition of the compressive strength of corrugated boxes: compress the carton with the force generated by increasing the displacement at a constant speed, and the maximum force that the carton can withstand is called the compressive strength.
Qualified compressive strength determination: when the pressure resistance values of the three sample boxes tested are all greater than the standard pressure resistance value, the test is qualified; if one of the sample boxes fails, the test is unqualified;
7. Other tests:
1. Flat compression strength test (ISO3035) (64.5cm232.2cm2 can bear the force per unit area)
2. Bending stiffness test (IS05628) (four-point stiffness, calculation of deformation measurement force)
3. Surface water repellency (JIS-P8137) (refer to water repellency standard board)
4. Vertical compression strength test (JIS-Z0403-2) (special fixture, special cutter)
5. Moisture-proof performance test (GJB1109A) (250mm×250mm 4 pieces, 50 degrees 90% RH48h, the moisture difference before and after is not more than 5%)